Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Psycho

     Director: Alfred Hitchcock
    Screenplay: Joseph Stefano

   Writer: Robert Bloch                    


The movie Psycho is truly one of the best horror/mystery movies of all time. I don't even like horror movies, but I really enjoyed this movie! The film starts off with Marion Crane, who originally I believed was the main character of the story, steals a lot of money [$40,000 to be exact; ironically the same amount that Anthony Perkins was paid for his role in the film] from her boss at the real estate job and decides to run away with it.

SPOILER ALERT!!! On a dark and stormy night she ends up at Bates Motel, and orders a room so she can get some rest for the next morning but ends up talking to Norman Bates. Norman comes off as nice but weird like he has some secret. He later gets in trouble by his mother for talking to the woman, but the mother is never shown to us the audience. Marion gets ready for bed and decides to take a shower which is where she is killed.

I had a thought that his mother died, and he was wearing his mother's clothes and killed Marion. I had two reasons for this idea: one when she talked it sounded like someone trying to sound like a woman and my other reason when we got to see the silhouette it looked more like someone wearing a costume. I was right but didn't know how crazy Norman really was.

To me this was an actually great horror movie I didn't expect it to be this great in the beginning. Alfred Hitchcock really did a great job in the creation of this movie. It was suspenseful and really well made, and this is the best movie from 60's and will remain a classic for years to come.










No comments:

Post a Comment