Monday, November 21, 2016

Psycho

Psycho is a film about Marion Crane who was murdered in a motel with $40,000 dollars she took from her job, by Norman Bates a guy who works at the motel and also has a home near it with his mother.
The movie was a treat to me, granted I already saw it but it always make me want to watch it with rapt attention from the characters to the environment and the dialogue everything happening in the movie felt important, no unneeded scene or anything that felt off that was in the movie. Now my opinion on the movie is that it is very good in that it keeps you captivated and interested in what goes on and the twist in the end really had me the first time I watched it, the fact that Norman Bates was impersonating his mother or as the film says "is" the mother and to be honest my favorite part of the film was the explanation for how Norman's mind worked and how he has truly become the mother it really made me think about all Norman did in the movie, it gave a different perspective if you watch it again knowing about Norman's situation and how the things that transpired really show how far gone Norman was though I have to say that the stabbing scene when the detective and Marion was more funny than terrifying, just the way they get stabbed and the way its shot just makes me cringe with laughter but overall I find this to be the best Alfred Hitchcock movie in my opinion and I find the idea the he advertised that this is the movie you have to see from the beginning, going so far as to stop people from entering the theater once the movie started you could not enter until the movie ended and that really is saying a lot to what Alfred Hitchcock intentions were when making this film.            

No comments:

Post a Comment