Thursday, November 17, 2016

Man on Wire By Makayla Bigard





Makayla Bigard
11/17/16




Man on Wire

Image result for man on wireFor me, the documentary Man on Wire (2008) did not spark my interest.  I do admire the inspiring story of tightrope walker Philippe Petit's daring hire-wire walk between New York's twin towers in 1974.  The film captures the drive and determination of Philippe and his crew had throughout the process to achieve the impossible high-wire walk.  It tells the story of Philippe's daring hobby that he loved to do despite the risk factor that came with it.  It also features his friends who had a daring role to in his walk.  The give there stories along with the exact felling of the very moment.  That moment as the make their way up to the top of the building,  nearly dodging all of the security in the build.  Even one of the Philippe's friend,  completely over came with fear and couldn't continue with the plan, leaving the others to do it.

The director of the film, James Marsh, used film noir.  I think, in my opinion, this is why the film became very uninteresting.  The black and white made the mood on the movie to be very boring.  Also I think the background music was a turn off for me.  I think it kept the movie mellow which eventually completely turned me off from this movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment