Thursday, November 17, 2016

Prior To Film Studies

Dajhana Hunter
B3
11/17/16

I was never the kid to sit in front of a TV and watch movies all day. Movies from my generation aren't interesting; they don't have any type of plot, and they're always so predictable. My favorite movie is Matilda because it's so unexpected and the irony expressed in the movie makes you look at life like, "I'm glad I wasn't raised that way." I've always like old school movies or movies that are based on true stories. Who wants to watch a movie about a rapper and his groupies? Or a girl getting ganged raped at a party? Not me. I'd rather sit back and play a video game or sleep.

When I was 11, I was introduced to the Sims. What the sims is, is basically a virtual reality. First you make your family, give them faces, clothes and a personality. Second, you make your home and decide how you want to live. Third, you find your sim a job so they can bring in some type of income. I like this game because you can be whoever you want to be, do whatever you want to do and not have to answer to anyone for it. Also it's like an escape, when you don't want to deal with anyone around you, you can pop your headphones in and go to another world.

Now I'm 17, all I asked for Christmas was the Sims. A new one was finally released. Who wouldn't want to be able to leave the problems going on in the world by just simply turning on your computer? Don't get me wrong I love to watch a good movie, but if I always had the choice I'd definitely chose the Sims.

My least favorite movie is I Spit on Your Grave. A girl is trapped in the woods with a group of men posing as police men, and they all rape her and do as they please. I dislike this movie because it shows how easy it is to overpower a woman just by strength. It also showed me that you can't trust everyone and always have protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment