Monday, November 14, 2016

Alien

Gabby Jeannette
11/14/16

Alien
Image result for alien the movie

Science fiction movies were never movies that I understood or had an interest in, but when my class watched the movie "Alien" I was actually enjoying the content. The plot although sometimes was expected, started off very well and really caught my attention. I feel that if your movie can't grasp my attention from the beginning you most likely won't get it at all. The odd part that I noticed was instead of it being survival of the fittest, the story line slowly eliminated the bravest characters one by one, besides for the character that ended up being the protagonist. The leader died first when the the baby alien went inside of him and bursted through his chest. Following that, the next people to step up to the plate we're killed in some way by the growing alien. Left was Ellen Ripley, although may not have put herself in harms way like the others did the entire time she did try to keep order though out the ship. Then when it was only her she didn't give up. Ellen gave her all to get away from the ship and into safety before it self destructed. Once she realized she wasn't alone on that space craft she found the quickest way to get rid of the alien. She never gave up which  eventually gave her the protagonist role in the movie, not just the last survivor. I liked that the "good guy" wasn't just the captain or someone obvious, this time she was an underdog.

The content wasn't the only thing that caught my eye about this movie, the director chose to unorthodox angles at some dramatic points of the movie which gave it that "woah this is serious" type of feeling. Also, if you think about it from a viewer at that time the effects were really good and the technology seen in the movie was impressive. The movie was good from all aspects, verbal and visual. I'm looking forward to watching the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment