Monday, November 14, 2016

Psycho - Kaysha Carrasquillo

Kaysha Carrasquillo
11.14.16
Film Studies

Image result for psycho          Image result for psycho

Psycho


Psycho directed by Alfred Hitchcock has to be one of the most twisted, mysterious film that I've ever seen. This was my first time watching this film and I loved it! There are so many insane parts that go on throughout this film, and it all started with the main character Marion Crane, a Phoenix secretary who steals $40,000 from her employer so she could run away with her boyfriend. In the process of her escape she stops at a car dealership to trade in her car. From the looks on her face you can tell that she was up to something; she looked guilty and suspicious, but even with that the car dealer and the cop that was at the scene still let her get away. After finishing with the car business she goes to "Bates Motel", and there she is introduced to a strange man named Norman Bates. As she was checking in they had a conversation, and Norman asked her out to dinner, it was pretty obvious that Norman had a crush on her. One thing that I noticed was the way she talked to Norman in such a calm way, she didn't act suspicious or guilty, she acted normal. But around the cop and the car dealer she couldn't even keep calm or try to be normal but with Norman knowing her situation she still managed to keep calm with no problem.
Throughout the film Marion tells Norman that she's going back to Phoenix and then I noticed that Norman started acting a bit odd. Then finally the scene appears that Marion is in the shower, and I guess she feels a presence, and then appears someone in a black hoodie that pulls the shower curtain to the side and starts to continuously stab her, but as I said the killer was wearing clothing to hide his identity, and my thoughts was that the killer was Norman's mother, but it turned out to be Norman dressed up as his mother, and that's where the plot twisted.

The crazy plot twists and scenes is what caught my attention throughout this film, there wasn't ever a dull moment. This film always left me wondering what was going to happen next, and leaving me wrong because there was always something that I missed. Regardless of the fact, it was a great film, and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment