Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Prior to Film Experience #KevinVazquez

Kevin Vazquez
B3
11/16/16

When I was younger, I would watch movies either for a good laugh, a good scare, or have something new to think about. I didn't pay attention to the story of the movie, the purpose of the characters, the characters emotions and actions, or just about any of the meanings hidden in films. Now, as I matured and got older, I realize that a movie is more than hiring a bunch of actors, having cameras recording, and lines being said, movies are supposed to tell stories, depict something viewers would love to see in the real world, for us to have a quick getaway from our world for another one, something also present in reading books. We view movies to have a quick sense of something we probably aren't able to have at the moment or at all, so we are presented with a gift, the gift of imagination. Sometimes, movies can inspire us, whether it being making someone a better person or making them do something they wished but thought they couldn't, the possibilities are endless. Now that I'm more into films, I've actually began making them myself, thanks to Ms.Achebe for helping me out, and today I enjoy filming good moments I have with my friends and family, but hopefully soon enough I'll be writing my own plots, directing my own movies, and finally being able to inspire people with the messages I want to send out to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment