Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Breakfast Club: Armani Maldonado

The Breakfast Club was probably the first classic well-known movie in class that I actually have seen. Directed by John Hughes, this 1985 American film depicts five different high school students, Brian (Anthony Michael Hall), Andy (Emilio Estevez), Bender (Judd Nelson), Claire (Molly Ringwald), and Allsion (Ally Sheedy) who all found their way into detention for completely different reasons. As the film continues, the teens begin to bond in ways like messing with Shermer High School's very own assistant principal who is also responsible for detention supervising, Mr. Vernon (Paul Gleason). By the end of the movie two potential relationships have already began developing, and its not at all what'd you typically expect; Ally & Andy as one relationship and Bender & Claire as the other. This leaves Brian to write all of the 1,000-word self-reflection essays, as requested of him by the other students.
I actually did enjoy watching the Breakfast Club in class, even if it was about my third time watching it. I find myself very aesthetically pleased with the film if that makes sense. I really enjoy most the outfits of the students, they truly do a great job at expressing the personalities of the characters. I do find myself feeling like the film was actually rushed, I feel like there are scenes like the Allison makeover that could have used more details; it just felt so fast! But that being said, The Breakfast Club still is one of my favorite movies due to its cinematography as a whole. Its no surprise that it is still a very well-known film even three decades after its release. 

No comments:

Post a Comment