Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Crooklyn: By Darious Cooper

Crooklyn was by far my favorite movie out of all of the ones we viewed in film studies. Crooklyn portrayed the life and hardships of how I grew up myself. Never before has a film been so relatable to me. Between the in and out father, the strong mother figure and being a house full of kids with a strong bond, I could look at the movie and be like "I remember doing things like that as a child." The thing that really hit me the most was when the mother died. I have experienced the constant and repeated hospitalization of my mom, which isn't exactly what happened in the movie,  but I definitely felt and understood the emotions that the young girl in the film went through. All in all,  crooklyn was my favorite movie in film studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment