Saturday, May 9, 2015

Jaws


Jaws (1975) is actually the only other movie, other than The Breakfast Club, that I have seen a few times before watching it in class. I love movies where people are being attacked by sea creatures. I also love the classic Jaws theme. I wouldn't consider Jaws as a scary movie, I actually thought some parts of it were pretty funny. I've never seen any of the sequels to Jaws but I am considering watching them if I get the chance.

The movie starts out with the death of the first victim of the shark attack. A teen girl who is partying with friends. Martin Brody (Roy Scheider) is called in about the missing girl and investigates finding her mangled body on the beach. He believes  it was a shark attack, however, the idiot mayor (Murray Hamilton) tries to convince him otherwise so they don't have to close the beaches. Eventually another attack does occur proving that it was a shark attack. People then start hunting for the shark. One group who thinks they are successful, did not find the right shark. They decide to take up Quint (Robert Shaw) a local fisherman's offer to kill the shark.

The real action of the movie starts when Brody, Quint and Hooper go out to capture the Great White shark. However, I was upset with how Quint ended getting killed by the shark in the end. That was probably the only person I wouldn't have expected to be devoured by the shark. He was the best character. At least they were able to destroy the shark in the end. I enjoy watching this movie and would definitely watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment