Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Crooklyn - Jamie Pisacane

I remember when we watched this movie, I found it very funny. I loved the way the siblings acted around each other; it's almost like it wasn't acting. I also loved how the mom acted. She was straight to the point, and didn't take "no" for an answer. She was a good mom and taught her kids well. She taught them how to be independent and how to survive on their own. It's like she was foreshadowing [nice touch] her death to them.

I enjoyed the character Troy Carmichael. She had a great personality. She made me laugh and made me relate to her. My brother NEVER cleans up after himself, to the point where I refuse to use the same shower as him. I always had to clean up after him, the laundry, the dishes, and the bathroom. So, when the mom was yelling at them to clean up after themselves, I was happy. Now Troy won't have to do it on her own.

I like how different the culture was in the South and how director Spike Lee chose to shoot these scenes with an anamorphic lens, creating distortion and symbolizing Troy's POV as fish out of water. I was entertained by Aunt Song and how she wouldn't even let her daughter get her ears pierced or have beads in her hair.

I didn't like how the dog died, SO SAD!!! The dog should of lived and been happy forever, even though Queeney was not a dinosaur .

In the end, I liked this movie, I hope to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment