Monday, March 9, 2015

Michelle Ford- When We Were Kings



Opposed to the documentaries we watched in this class, this was the only one I liked because I really wanted to learn and know more about the fight between champion George Foreman and Muhammad Ali. This documentary explores the relationship between African-Americans and the African continent during the Black Power. In the documentary, I noticed Ali was doing a lot of "talking" about Foreman. Maybe because he knew he were going to win. Foreman didn't have much to say, unlike Ali. I liked how Ali was talking about winning because he proved his point and just didn't talk about him winning. Some people just talk about things, but don't never accomplish it. 
Boxing is all about footwork and strength techniques. I was routing for Ali but I also thought Foreman was going to win because he's bigger and from watching, he put huge dents in the punching bag. During the fight, Foreman was throwing hard punches towards Ali's ribs and stomach. Ali thought Foreman punches were going to be harder then what they were. I seen the excitement in Ali eyes because he knew he had Foreman wrapped around his finger making him throw his toughest punches for him to lose his energy. Then Ali can  come back with more power and end the fight. Foreman wasn't a talkative guy like Ali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment