Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bonnie and Clyde


As we started watching Bonnie and Clyde (1967) I really enjoyed it. It takes place during the Depression and starts off with Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway) meeting Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty) who is about to steal her mother's car. She becomes intrigued with Clyde and decides to become his partner in crime. They go around robbing banks and later team up with C.W. Moss. Clyde's brother, Buck and his wife Blanche also join them.

I understand robbing banks is wrong and I don't promote it, however I really enjoyed the plot and the characters in this movie. Every time they robbed a bank it seemed really thrilling and exciting. I didn't want them to get caught either. Reasons for that may be that I blamed it on the Depression and that usually when you watch a movie you root for the main characters, if they are likable. In my opinion, Bonnie and Clyde were likable characters.

As for Bonnie and Clyde's relationship in the film, it was a little bit awkward in the beginning, but it got better as the film went on. I thought they were an okay couple. I also thought the acting of Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty was pretty well done. 

The ending was a little disappointing but they had it coming. If they hadn't killed anyone I would have been more upset that they had died. However, I recall when Clyde killed someone when they were trying to escape after a robbery and I'm sure they killed others so they wouldn't get caught. Although they did kill people, I still didn't want them to die because I liked their characters. However, if someone said they deserved it, I would probably agree. It's not my top favorite movie from this class but I thought it was pretty good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment