Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bad News Bears - Jamie P.

Bad News Bears (1976) is one of my favorite movies we watched. It was enjoyable, funny, and entertaining. I loved it. I watched this movie once with my Grandpa when I was little; I remember how much he loved this movie, and it brought back fond memories.

I never really liked sports movies, since I'm not really into sports. I've always tried to stay away from them, but this one is different. It has that style that makes it funny and entertaining, even for people who don't understand sports. I have no idea how to play baseball, but I could understand this movie (maybe because they were so bad at it like me).

One of my favorite things about this film is that a girl, Amanda Wurlitzer (as portrayed by Academy Award-winner Tatum O'Neal), is better at baseball. She is better than the whole team and that made me happy. Amanda's prowess on the mound breaks the stereotype barrier that all girls are bad at sports.

I also liked the characters. They were funny and interesting. Most of them looked alike (this may have been true of the shaggy-haired blonde boys: Tanner, Lupus, and Toby); however, were the Bears  because of the hair, but they each had different personalities and things that made them better than the other. I enjoyed seeing them grow together too, since at first, they weren't liking each other so much, but now they are a team. Hope to watch more movies like this~

No comments:

Post a Comment