Friday, March 6, 2015

Dejah Tinney: Rebel Without a Cause

Rebel without a Cause, directed by Nicholas Ray in 1955 [thus far the oldest of films we have critically viewed as a class], was a confusing movie. I didn't understand it at all. Maybe because it wasn't interesting enough to grab my attention. I just was left with a lot of unanswered questions about that movie [What were some of your questions? How might the film compare or relate to other films we have either viewed or discussed?]. I just was really confused as to what was going on in the movie, Idk maybe it's just me. And, this film related to Bonnie & Clyde because in both movies it seems like they were misguided teens who rebeled a lot and liked being runaways. 

If a movie leaves you with questions and leaves you confused, I don't believe it is a good movie... I don't have much to say about that movie, other than I wasn't interested in it.

[From your comments it seems to me that you may be able to expand on your inability to understand the public's fascination with James Dean (if this is in fact the case). What connected his character Jim to Plato and Judy? Were their conflicts with parents and adults not credible?]

1 comment: