Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Chicago - Keala Powell


I usually hate musicals because I feel like there is way too much singing, but when I watched this movie in class I honestly enjoyed it. It was an awesome movie with a catchy soundtrack. Roxie Hart (played by RenĂ©e Zellweger) is the main character [protagonist] and also my favorite character. Roxie was so determined to go into show business that she would do anything to be in the spotlight, even kill a man! 

     My favorite act had to be the part when all of the girls in the jail were telling their stories and why they were arrested, "The Cell Block Tango." [What did you find appealing about this particular number?]

It sucked that Roxie risked everything she loved doing because she killed her husband. She had to give up her job that she loved to serve time in prison with a bunch of other women and with that comes jealousy and drama. Her career started and ended so fastly and she gad to deal with that in prison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment