Monday, October 31, 2016

Touch Of Evil

Touch Of Evil is about a Mexican enforcement agent name Miguel Vargas (Charlton Heston) who tries to solve a case when a car explodes, but it ends up being more than a simple case. Overall I like this movie near the middle and end, but to be honest the beginning did not capture my attention. I understood what was happening, but every scene I started to question why it was happening. Why is person A doing this, when they could simply do that? Or when person B brain fell out the window and lost common sense to do the rational thing, but nope their brain fell out the window so they think, "I'm going to try and do this on my own" [this is somewhat confusing].

Aside from all that Vargas starts to suspect that the local hero detective Hank Quinlan of planting evidence on the scene to frame innocent people. After this development I started to really watch the film, it was the fact of trying to find the answers and reasons to what is happening and really understand everything that what unfolding that kept my attention. So whenever Vargas was on screen I would watch with rapt attention and Quinlan because he is part of why it was so interesting in the first place. You can't have a hero without the villain. Anyway I enjoyed the movie, but I still wonder why the psychic came at the end of the movie? Was it because she was worried about Quinlan, or was she wanting to say goodbye to the man she never knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment