Friday, October 7, 2016

Prior Film Experience

Name: Kaysha Carrasquillo
Date: 10.7.16

Prior Film Experience


I consider myself an outcast from other teenagers in my generation. Yes, I watch films, but not as much as my peers. It's very rare for me to sit and watch something unless it truly catches my attention. If I were to watch a film, it'd fall into a drama, but more romantic genre. These kinds of movies are my kind of movies. They're sentimental, contain action, and have true stories that aren't like normal people, more like fairy tales. Movies that fall into this category that I absolutely love would be Titanic by James Cameron and the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer; these movies contain everything that I look for to really catch my attention. I spent about five years obsessing over the Twilight saga, just because it was my all time favorite at the time. This saga contained so much between drama, romance, and action.

Now being in Film Studies class, I feel like it has brought me to explore a new genre of movies, I'm watching movies that I wouldn't normally watch, like movies not from my generation. But so far the movies that we've watched like Rocky, Sugar, and Man on Wire are pretty interesting although they don't fall into the categories that I prefer. I feel like being in Film Studies will help me explore these different genres, and will encourage me to look into classic movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment