Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Caitlin Willis - The Man on the Wire

Caitlin Willis
Intro. to Film Studies
Mr. Monahan


The Man on the Wire

        This movie changed my perspective of life. Though I must admit that Philippe was a bit crazy, I agree with his perspective that you must live life on the edge and, essentially, to the fullest. But just because I agree with this doesn't mean that I plan on spending my days tying ropes between buildings and walking across them. it does mean, however, that I now feel more prepared to take risks and do things out of my comfort zone.
        This movie explained how Philippe Petit, a French wire-walker (also known as a tightrope walker), managed his wild stunt in which he crossed a rope attached to both of the Twin Towers. This movie basically summed up his life in regards to his daring hobby. It showed the progression from him traveling across a rope in his yard barely ten feet off the ground to crossing over a suspension bridge before lastly, taking the risk of crossing the towers.
        The end of the movie showed Philippe and his friends making the dangerous journey up to the roof of the Twin Towers. It entailed the way they slipped onto the elevator and hid under a tarp for hours to evade security guards. It described their setbacks and achievements. 
        Overall, it showed the fight to do what you love and, despite the anxiety ridden scenes and pictures, I have to admit that it was a good movie with a good principle. As previously stated, I now feel as though I shouldn't feel hesitant to do something because it presents a bigger risk than what I'm used to.



No comments:

Post a Comment