Monday, October 31, 2016

Caitlin Willis - A Touch of Evil

Caitlin Willis
Intro. to Film Studies
10.27.16

A Touch of Evil 

        To be quite honest, this movie didn't catch my interest. It was difficult to pay attention to it because the plot was so confusing and hard to keep up with. The occasional Spanish also confused me because I'm not a native speaker and subtitles weren't always on the screen. The fact that it was black and white didn't help because it just lost my attention more. 
        From what I've seen, I can honestly say that this movie isn't something I'd watch by choice. Though I will admit that the plot did have a lot of potential; I just feel as if it wasn't meet my expectations. The film was about shady cops who were planting evidence on suspects to get them arrested, but there was a lot more to it. There were two sets of cops, one of which was crooked and the other was good. They were going against each other, from small disagreements to large scuffles. There was also a lot of action, from car explosions to kidnappings. I can't deny the fact that the movie had a lot going on, whether or not that's a good thing is up to the viewer.
        Perhaps I went into this movie with too high expectations or maybe I was just expecting something different. Whatever it may be, this movie did not reach my expectations and it's definitely not one of my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment