Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Caitlin Willis- My Previous Experience with Films

Caitlin Willis
Intro. to Film Studies
9.29.16

My Previous Experience with Films

   
        I've never really had to paid much attention to movies, until now that is. Given, I was never taking a class about them before.

        I enjoy films of all genres. My favorites, though, are comedy, like 21 Jumpstreet and White Chicks; horror, like The Conjuring and The Purge; drama, like The Perks of Being a Wallflower and We Need to Talk about Kevin; war movies, like Red Dawn and Fury; and superhero comedies, like Deadpool and Suicide Squad. Though I always keep an open mind when it comes to watching a  movie, these are my preferred genres.

        My least favorite genre is animation, like Disney and Pixar. I'll try to keep my biases aside when picking movies, especially if I'm watching with other people, but you'll never catch me urging to watch the latest Finding Nemo sequel. I'm not a fan of pure romance movies either, but I'll sit through one if it has action or comedy mixed in.

        I hope this class helps me to find other genres that I find interesting. We've already covered a documentary, director James Marsh's 2008 Academy Award-winning feature Man on Wire, which was interesting, but I definitely won't be tuning into any more of those. However, I plan to keep an open mind for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment