Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Sugar

The movie Sugar was a movie about a Dominican name Miguel "Sugar" Santos who wants to be good enough to play major league baseball over in america, right of the bat to me it felt slow and it kinda made me bored watching it I understood that it was slowly going to introduce us to Sugar and show us what his goals and motivations are but I couldn't be bothered but when he went to america that's when I started to watch because it started to show Sugar adjusting to america and having to adapt to a new change, he had to know enough English to get by and get his word across, he has to work harder since he was one of the few who skipped rookie and went straight to Team-A seeing as he was that good enough, dealing with the occasional racism and so much more that it got me actually watching the film because it gave me a reason to watch but that's just me but slowly as the movie goes on it is shown in the movie that Sugar is being pressured he not doing that well in baseball to the point where he starts using drugs to play better, knowing that he is going to get replaced by someone who is a better player than him which turns out to be his friend from the beginning of the film was the slowly but surely replacement for Sugar, it got to the point where Sugar was afraid of not being good enough and being replaced so not allowing the inevitable he left for New York to meet his old friend who helped him out when he came to america. Now when he goes to New York he has to deal with what he's going to do he knows he needs a job and a place to stay but near the end everything starts to work out for him, the ending to me was amazing everyone including me thought he was either going to make it to the championship and win or become the best player but no, the ending was him playing a local baseball game in New York with a place to stay and is still supporting his family in Dominican Republic many people did not like the ending but I liked it because it showed that life is not a single path you take but rather just many paths that can lead you to new things, you never know whats going to happen next and the fact that the movie was able to have what I say is a good ending while showing that it was still worth while through out the whole movie even though he didn't become the best player because if Sugar is happy with the way things are going  then to me the movie did a good job.              

No comments:

Post a Comment