Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Touch of Evil


When we first started watching my first thoughts on Touch of Evil were that the movie didn't really seem that interesting and I was a little confused on what was going on. I didn't really get it and wasn't really following the story but the plot became clearer as we kept watching. I noticed the movie started out with a tracking shot and then showed the two main characters, Susan and Vargas who are in Mexico where they witness a car explode and kill two people. Vargas is a detective and wants to investigate the case. I also noticed a few themes throughout the film such as racism between Americans and Mexicans and police corruption/corruption of power.

When we continued watching the film in class, it started getting more interesting with the framing of Susan and the murder of Grandi by Quinlan. I wasn't expecting something like this to happen. Quinlan was able to frame someone else, which supports the theme of corruption of power. As a detective who frames others for things he is responsible for it shows how his character is somewhat evil. I'm interested in seeing how the film ends and what Vargas will do to prove that Quinlan is behind the murder and other crimes that he framed people of.

No comments:

Post a Comment