Friday, October 3, 2014

Shawn Luzzi Touch of Evil First Impressions

Touch of Evil First Impressions

Oh my...the format of "Touch of Evil" is definitely way different than what I am use to now-a-days. I'm use to special effects being top-notch (at least in my opinion) due to computer programs to really help amp up the action. But here, in a movie that was created in 1958, you can definitely tell it's age. For one, the movie is in black and white, no color at all. This was a part of films back half a century ago as films were only starting to get popular. Plus, the first scene where the car explodes was very simple as it was simply a simple shot of a random car exploding with a exploding sound effect that seems more goofy today. (Either that, or that same explosion sound originated from Touch of Evil.)

However, even with it's age showing well, I have to say I'm enjoying Touch of Evil because of those reasons of it's age. I like seeing how the movies of yesterday were compared to today with all of it's action and camera shots. (That, and color ) Plus, the story is intriguing, especially with racism playing a key card into this mystery as the American Detective seem to simply frame or blame other simply for their ethnicity. (For this case, It'd be Hispanics getting the sudden blame.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment