Monday, October 20, 2014

Alien: Great so far!

On Thursday, last class we had started watching Alien. The beginning seemed really boring. We didn't really get through a lot of it and nothing was really happening at the beginning. However, when I was talking about it with my friend who is in the other class, he said that we hadn't even gotten to the good part yet.

Today, the movie really started to get good. I'm more into the horror and suspense movies so Alien is meeting my expectations. I think I actually like this movie better than the other movies we have watched.

When they brought the guy in with the alien creature on his face I thought he was a goner until they said it was giving him oxygen. This was pretty strange. I still didn't think he would live though. Then, when they noticed the creature had fallen off his face and that it was dead, I questioned it. Was it really dead? Why did it detach itself from the guy's face? Also, was the guy really okay? He had woken up and seemed fine to the others but the scene left me with a feeling something strange was going to happen.

Then this happened:


This scene was the best so far. It was both shocking and awesome at the same time. I could feel the tension and creepiness as they were sitting around the table eating. I love how movies create that feeling where, even in a calm setting, you know something bad is going to happen. The film gave me that exact feeling at this part. Then he started choking on his food and his stomach looked like it was bulging and this little creepy alien burst out of him and it turns out this character was not going to live. It seemed clear to me that the alien attached to his face may have planted that little guy inside his stomach.

Another part in the film where we see and hear the background noises such as the creepy music and the lights flicking was when they tried to find the alien and they thought it was hiding in the locker. It seemed like the scene was building up and something was going to pop out of the locker. However, the cat ended up being in the locker, which I thought was pretty funny. I'm really routing for this cat not to die or get infected. Why did they bring the cat with them in the first place?

I'm really enjoying this movie so far. We ended around the part where the guy got attacked by an alien when he was trying to catch the cat. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next. Who will be the survivors?

1 comment:

  1. You have really turned a corner with this post Melissa. I hope that you can continue this level of both quality and quantity (esp. in terms of analysis) in future (even those describing films that do not have as much personal appeal). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete