Monday, October 13, 2014

The End of Touch of Evil

Last class, we finished up Touch of Evil and the ending was pretty intense. To recap, Vargas found his wife, who was being framed by Quinlan to committing the murder of Grandi. She was drugged and barely conscious. Menzies tells Vargas he found Quinlan's cane at the murder scene. Then he plants a wire on Menzies to record Quinlan and when Quinlan realizes it, he shoots Menzies. Then he tries to shoot Vargas but gets shot by Menzies. This ending was a good ending in my opinion. Quinlan was recorded by Vargas and exposed that he did plant evidence on suspects to make them seem guilty. Then he was killed in the end and Vargas and his wife were able to live happy somewhere else. I felt sorry for Menzies but was wondering if he had survived or not. I would assume not.

The weirdest thing that happened at the end of the movie was that it turned out ironically that Sanchez actually was guilty and confessed to committing the crime. I wasn't expecting that to happen. I wonder how Quinlan and Menzies knew, or if they had just assumed and were right.

I recall when we started watching Touch of Evil it was really confusing to me. I didn't really understand the beginning but by the end it was more clear and I understood it better. The movie was okay but it wouldn't be a movie that I would want to watch on my own time or more than once. I hope the next movie we watch, Alien is more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment