Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Silence was Very Loud

Just a few weeks ago was my birthday, on August 18th. A few weeks prior to my birthday, I had seen the trailer for a new movie, called Into the Storm. Knowing that my birthday was only a few weeks away, I definitely wanted to go see the movie; judging from the trailer (which sometimes can be deceptive) it was going to be a great, action-packed movie. 

On August 18, my mom, sister, and I headed to the Regal Cinemas in Branford. It was a Monday, and the parking lot looked just about empty. As I entered the theater, I noticed how empty it was. There was literally no one else there except for us, along with the employees. It was so quiet; all you could hear was the sound of the popcorn machines. We bought our tickets, and headed to the theater. Usually there is a person standing at the podium who checks to see if you have purchased your tickets, and points directs you to the theater where your movie is being shown. This time, there was no one standing there. So we headed down the empty hallways, into an empty theater. It was early, it had been several years since I actually arrived to a movie on time. A few minutes passed by, and a few other people entered the room and sat down, quietly. After that, no one else came in. Never before had I been in a theater that had so few people. It felt so strange, but at the same time, it was really nice. It was like a day at the beach, a hike in the mountains: relaxing. The silence was very loud. It was almost as if I had the theater all to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment