Monday, September 15, 2014

Rocky (An American Hero?)

    Do I think Rocky is an American hero? Honestly no, from what I took away from the film Rocky did not show any traits of an "American Hero". When I think of an American Hero in today's day in age, I would say they are those who are being sent off to the Army, Navy, Air Force to fight for American citizens, for us to remain having the privledges and advantages the nation has today. They also protect a citizen's "American Dream", in my opinion the American dream is the typical thought of how an American citizen should live thier lives. Freedom Justice and Liberty. A cliché example of the American dream is a house living in it, a wife, a husband, their two children, and a dog with the white picket fence caging in the front lawn. 
    What I did notice in the movie was how Rocky had two sides to him. I noticed watching the movie only for a short period of time that he was in fact a compassionate person.At one point he had the hardcore boxer in him and the other he had the loving pet caretaker that had a huge crush on Adrian, owner of the pet store Rocky goes to. When Rocky is speaking to Adrian she is very shy, this may be because she has feelings towards Rocky that seem evident that it was mutual.
    Another thing I noticed was that in the rink Rocky wasn't that good but when the part in the movie came up when he was beating up the frozen meat to train he was actually better and more aggressive. I analyzed this as, since Rocky has a compassionate side hitting the meat was easier than hitting an actual living person. I'm not sure if this means anything but this is how I perceived parts of the movie where Rocky compassionate side was being shown. 

            - Nyasia B. Langley 


No comments:

Post a Comment