Monday, September 15, 2014

Deana Tavares 9/12/14

Sugar so far is actually very interesting to me. At the very beginning I made a physical judgement thinking they were Africans until I heard them speaking Spanish and found out that the beginning setting was the Dominican Republic. I noticed how hard all of the baseball players were working however the baseball scout that came to see them was arrogant. He tried to show him a different technique when throwing a curveball. Of course it was his first time trying this new technique so it wasn't a successful pitch.  The scout laughed at him and told the player to "keep practicing," making it seem like the player was not that talented over something he was never taught.  But I do like that this movie is already showing the determination and perserverence of the baseball players that are trying to make it big and join the major leagues eventually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment