Friday, September 12, 2014

Sugar so far... (Spoilers, yo)

Sugar so far... (Spoilers, yo)


Shawn Luzzi

Intro to Film Studies

I didn't know what to think of this movie at the start, but as the film went on, a library of emotions flew through me as I watched this Dominican baseball player try to live his life in America. He's not use to American life, as he lived in the Dominican Republic before. As Miguel was accepted into the spring program, happy emotions flew through me as I found his family celebrating loudly, as Spanish Music and loud cheering was heard. 

However, I began to feel a bit anxious for Miguel as he arrived in America, as he was very new to the territory. But the feelings began to lower in a good way as he sat in a dining restaurant by himself, and he wasn't able to order the eggs he wanted simply because he didn't understand the words. Right after, the waitress arrived with the three types of eggs available, and helped Miguel with pronouncing said eggs and stated it was "On the house." 



No comments:

Post a Comment