Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Julianna's Initial Film Experience

Film itself is like a certain canvas in a specific art. I know that lighting, music, and the cinematography can all have a potential play on the story and emotions the director and producers are trying to convey.

In my experience at Metro alone I've taken a number of technology classes, including Multimedia Productions, Broadcasting and I'm currently in Advanced Broadcasting. I have experience in lighting and filming, learning the ropes of what to light, when to light, when to pan the camera, and the different rules of composition, as well as thousands of other techniques that surely add up.

It is evident that the tones of a person's voice are not the only things that can show an emotion in a story. It is evident that the film itself can have a million and one different messages, but it is about how we catch the viewer's attention, and what really sticks out to the viewer that determines whether or not the film is a successful piece.

I know unabashedly that each person can see a movie in different ways. There are different things to take from it based on interest. Even simple movies in a theater could have different impacts on people. One could focus on the simplicity of the contained love story, or one could focus simply on the more metaphorical meaning, or the bettering of the planet--whatever the messages may be.

It's difficult to give a movie a direction, because to direct is to see a vision. It's like making a written letter come to life.

In all of my experience, I know as I had previously mentioned, that film itself is like a certain canvas in a specific art.

No comments:

Post a Comment