Thursday, May 22, 2014

Godzilla

When I think about Godzilla I think a dinosaur knocking down buildings and squishing people. When I think about it, I remember the audio of every scene I've ever seen, even in cartoons,roaring, people screaming and scary intense background music.
Until learning about it in film studies class, I would of never thought that Godzilla was invented in Japan. It seemed to be Americanized to me. I guess I see it as a scarier version of Reptar from Rugrats lol. 

As the years have gone by the animation has definitely gotten better. The dinosaur went from being stiff to actually looking human like [ironically once was a man in a rubber suit has been replaced by CGI] like a real cartoon. I noticed it when I saw a Snickers commercial,  Godzilla surfing and playing, but then shows how dangerous he can be when he's hungry. Like the original one. Scary. But as soon as he gets a Snicker he's kind again. It's a good twist for a Snicker advertisement,  stating a Snicker is so good it can easily tame Godzilla. That's catchy,   but it kind of took him out his character. 

Godzilla is not supposed to do human things and be kind to humans, but then again all Americanized media attractions only get weirder and weirder nowadays. I never really understood how there were so many movies about the same thing but each and every one was relevant to society. Although I'm not a fan of the movies, the history is pretty interesting, and I might watch the new one out of curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment