Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Robin- Temple of Doom

Sadly, I did not get to view the whole movie. However, what I saw and know brings me to believe that it is a great movie that anyone would enjoy. Believe it or not it is a pretty realistic movie to watch [i.e. the special effects were worthy of recognition especially given the time, thirty years ago?]. For example, this movie reminds me of prehistoric times and how civilizations did sacrifices [depictions of this can also be found to startling effect in Mel Gibson's 2006 film Apocalyptoand went after what they wanted (treasures) [as evidenced by the influence of early twentieth century Yale Professor Hiram Bingham III, often cited as the discoverer of Machu Picchu. "Peru has long sought the return of the estimated 40,000 artifacts, including mummies, ceramics and bones, that Bingham had excavated and exported from the Machu Picchu site" (citation needed).] 

I have actually seen movies like this one before that connect together to give us many massages [sicand show us how as we can tell, our ansestors lived and what they worshiped.

Also, Temple of Doom is a controversial film of the twentieth century; Lucas and Spielberg really out did themselves with a great entertaining dark movie. When I saw the ritual it was so realistic and kind of gruesome and made my skin crawl. This movie really is one to remember for a lifetime. I wish I got to see the whole thing though.












No comments:

Post a Comment