Wednesday, May 14, 2014

temple of doom

Cites: Curtis, Bryan. "Temple of Gloom." Grantland  August 31, 2012. NP ND. Web. April 23, 2014. http://grantland.com/features/explaining-indiana-jones-temple-doom/?print=1

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Dir. Steven Spielburg. Perf. Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, and Jonathan Ke Quan. Paramount, 1989. DVD.

TOD was okay to me, it wasn't all that exciting. Parts of the movie seem like a cliche to me. The scene where the camera just focused on the top of the ladder you just knew Indiana was still alive and about to climb up.

Then again i think I did not enjoy the movie because the cartoon show Family Guy recreated many parts of this movie. Like when Jones and the young boy was trapped in the room with the walls closing in on them.


I thought some parts of this movie was a cliche. Like how Jones gets the girl in the end I think it would have been more enjoyable if he didn't get the girl or she dies or something. Anything else would have been better than this cliche ending.


I thought when you make an action movie like temple of doom it should be filled with stunts some parts just was not believable to me. As many times as Jones got shot at how did he not get hit. At least let's pretend since were acting to seem like there is actually a struggle a fight for survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment