Friday, March 10, 2017

Malcolm X

Ryan Bowens                                                                                                            3/10/17
                                                      Malcolm X

The director Spike Lee did a great job creating this movie. I never knew anything about Malcolm X only heard his name. It was always him and Martin Luther King Jr. I knew they did things differently, but I never knew how or why. Malcolm had it rough life with all the threats he kept getting and the people he called allies broke his trust.

Denzel Washington did a great job playing Malcolm X. I felt like he really tried his hardest to perfect this role. The way Malcolm dies is terrible; he even had a bad feeling about that meeting but knew he had to. I like how at the end it showed the real Malcolm and a speech [eulogy performed by actor/activist Ossie Davis] was talking about him and how we saw everyone mourning his death. This movie was amazing, and I learn so much about Malcolm X story (150 of 250 words).  

No comments:

Post a Comment