Monday, September 21, 2015

Rocky, first film of the year

The film, Rocky deals with many themes, such as love, boxing and the American Dream. The American Dream would be considered as like freedom and the opportunity to succeed in life. Rocky faces a time in his boxing career in which he is seen as not a challenge. An example of that would be when Rocky goes to the boxing place and finds out that someone else has his locker. He finds his stuff all in a big bag on a rack in the locker room. Rocky also confronts the theme of love with Adrian. I love the part when Rocky tells Adrian's Brother that She has gaps and he has gaps, so therefore they fill gaps. I like the quote because that is how a should be like they complete the "gaps" and love should be like you complete one another.
 Rocky, I enjoyed watching the movie. But for me watching it in pieces was confusing to keep up. I liked how Rocky fought to stay within the boxing place. The American Dream is all about pursuing your passion, your dream and that is exactly what Rocky did.
Adrian didn't watch the fight because she wouldn't understand, like if I was watching football I wouldn't understand until someone told me the team scored. The ending to me was very Ironic because Rocky seemed hyped and prepared to take the win and the girl. But, Rocky ended up losing the fight by decision and keeping the girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment