Monday, June 15, 2015

Heather Bailey: Crooklyn

I honestly loved watching this movie I thought it was very funny and also realistic to a point where it could become relate-able to many people. I loved the way the kids acted towards each other and it was amazing to see how great these children we're at acting. It made it feel like they we'rent acting at all that this was some real footage of a family. The mom was one of my favorite characters in the sense that she was so straight to the point and so blunt with her kids. If you thought she was going to take no for an answer, you must of thought wrong cause what she says goes and there definitely was no way around that. I love how even though she was dead, the film kept bringing her back to the kids making them feel like she was always watching them.  Troy was definitely my favorite character she was funny and her personality was amazing. I could relate to her in a sense where I have siblings and when my little sister was born I had to change her diapers, wash her clothes, give her baths and clean up everything after her. But my ultimate favorite part of the movie was definitely being able to see the cultural divide between the north and the south when they had to move to their Aunt's house. It was entertaining to see how they all reacted to the certain changes that had to be made. For instance her aunt was so strict that Troy couldn't even get her ears pierced. To me, that's a little over board but hey that's how it is down there. I relate to that because when i moved from Connecticut to Florida when i was younger it was such a new world for me and i didn't understand how you're only a couple states away and the life and the people we're completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment