Sunday, March 13, 2016

Why did I enjoy this movie.


            Creed                                           3/10/16                                                     Yesmail Perez 

I really enjoyed this film because I can relate to it a lot in many ways. For example I practice boxing myself and I enjoyed working out in the gym as the fighter in Creed. Also I enjoy running and jogging while working out. I connected A lot to Michael B. Jordan as Adonis Johnson because he was training very hard for his fights and he was also working very hard to get to where he got to,even when he was nervous at the time.He didn't let anybody's opinion bring him down or slow him down from succeeding, just like I kept working out and training very hard to improve my skills even when i had people trying to slow me down or keep me from succeeding in the field of Boxing. The scene that I liked is the one where Rocky Balboa went to the hospital because he was diagnosed with cancer. Then Adonis said to him "you always saying there's nobody there for you but I'm here for you and I know you will fight this cancer". The scene that impacted me the most is when Rocky Balboa gets up from his bed, gets well and starts training Adonis Johnson for his fight because thats what motivated him to fight cancer and win the battle against cancer.

The movies are similar because in both a young man pursues the dream of becoming a successful boxer. One (Rocky) is white and the other is black (Adonis) and they live in two different times (1970's and 2010's). They both face a lot of obstacles, But each gets a measure of success. What is interesting is the boxer from the earlier movie becomes the trainer of the boxer from the later movie and this is another connection between the 2 movies.   


No comments:

Post a Comment