Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Elaine N. Bowfinger

Image result for bowfinger



This movie stood out to me strange at first by all the lies Bowfinger (Steve Martin) would say to everyone. He nonstop would lie to everyone to get noticed or because he couldn't tell the truth and hurt the person's feelings. But I thought to myself how would I feel if I found Bowfinger lied about absolute everything? I would say I have a good friend since he is willingly to out himself out there knowing we can get in trouble for not having all the equipment legally. He tried his hardest to make everyone's dream come true including his own. 

SPOILER ALERT! I would have never expected Kit Ramsey (Eddie Murphy) to have a twin brother Jiff (also Eddie Murphy), that was a complete plot twist. Technically everyone won because Kit's twin brother would star in the movie, while everyone thought it was the real movie star.  

The movie is filled with comedy all over the place. The funniest parts of the film would be when the real Kit Ramsey was thinking he was going crazy about seeing aliens and random people walking up to him saying strange things. Also, Daisy (Heather Graham) was all over the place and throwing herself to the men who had power on how the film was done just so she can get more screen time. I feel like that goes to show in some way gender roles or the power a women possess by using her looks and body to get what she wants.

Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin are really funny together, they are a comedy mixture. The fact that Eddie Murphy's character had a twin made it extra funny. Also, the parts that really had me laughing would be when Kit thought he was going crazy and really seeing aliens.



No comments:

Post a Comment