Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Steve Martin


Steve Martin
I never knew much about Steve Martin other than he's always been very funny to me. He was born in Texas on August 14, 1945, I didn't know he was that old but he's getting up there. I've seen a lot of his movies and a lot i have not seen. One movie I never saw that stuck out to me was The Jerk, which was his first full-length movie in 1979. I think that would be good to watch because it sprung his career or just was the start and I've never watched it, so I enjoy new movies. A movie I love to death and died laughing was both his Cheaper by the Dozen in 2003. It was about a man and a women who met and each had six children and they had to find a way to fit all six together. There was many obstacles they faced, with the kids fighting, wife away for a book tour, and handling dealing with twelve kids all in one house. Also, there were many amazing actors and actresses that played in this movie like Bonnie Hunt, Piper Perabo, Tom Welling, Hilary Duff, Kevin Schmidt, Alyson Stoner and many more. It was a funny family kind of movie, I like those the best. Steve Martin has lots of different voices, I would love to met him I don't think I would stop laughing. The odds of that are that it will never happen but it is a nice daydream. As I was doing some research on Steve Martin, he had a couple trade marks like that he usually plays a father in movies and wearing an arrow through his head. Even though he was a comedian, Steve fell into depression for a couple of months when his good friend John Candy died. Another thing I did not know about him is that he wrote several  books, a couple children's books, and others like Shopgirl and Pure Drivel. I will have to look into some of his books. Overall he seems like a great person with a big heart.









No comments:

Post a Comment