Thursday, November 19, 2015

Psycho


Psycho
I feel like Psycho was the most interesting film we watched so far. Psycho is unlike other horror films, it takes the typical serial killer and gives it sick twist. In the beginning I thought that Marion was gonna be the protagonist of the film because everything seemed to wrap around her. I thought, maybe this gonna be an ordinary car chase kind of movie where she runs all around trying to dodge cops but when the "mom" just up and kills her... I was not expecting that.
I figured something was wrong with Norman once he said "A boys best friend is his mother" For some reason that just seemed off to me. I was fooled because I genuinely thought that his mother was alive, still interacting, "killing" these people, the fact that Norman was so ready to clean up her mess kind of second it. This guy was really talking to himself, going back and forth, I dont remember if they explained how he got that messed up in the film. I remember the doctor was explaining how he had a split personality and how the mother side of him took over but did he have that side because of some Mommy issues ? Did he create that side once his mom died, even though he was the one who killed his mom? ( if Im not mistaken ) Its so surreal , it seemed as if he was afraid of his mother but he was afraid of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment