Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Prior Film Experience Katie Sullivan REDRUM


My prior film experience was when I came to MBA and Joined Film Club. This is a 1980 movie directed by Stanley Kubrick. In the film, the main character Jack Torrance (played by Jack Nicholson) is a struggling writer, former school teacher, and recovering alcoholic that takes a job as an off-season caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel.

His young son Danny becomes possessed and has psychic abilities to see things in the past that have died in that hotel. Although Danny is close to his parents, he does not tell either of them about his visions because he senses that the care-taking job is important to his father and the family's future. Danny soon realizes that his presence in the hotel makes the supernatural activity more powerful, turning echoes of past tragedies into dangerous threats.The hotel becomes locked in as they're in the middle of a bad snow storm. Jack becomes crazy and is influenced by the hotel. A month passes; while jack's writing goes nowhere, Danny and Wendy explore the hotel's maze. Wendy becomes concerned when the phone line goes out due to the heavy snow. Danny starts to have frighting visions. Jack starts to have violent outbursts. He gets drunk and tries to kill his wife and  his son.

I really enjoyed the film when I first watched it in film club. I went back to film the next year and watched it again. I have seen this film twice and I want to watch it again sometime soon. This is a movie that I don't get tired of watching and is one of the scary movies that I can actually watch and be fine. I think that this move should definitely be an annual film club tradition because it is one of my favorite movies and It is just awesome. I am so glad that I was introduced to this movie in High School and hope to watch this movie again for sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment