Thursday, November 19, 2015

Alien Megan Poulin


Alien was a movie about 7 people trapped on a spaceship with an alien. One of the people who was on the ship went out on a distant planet. There he got too close to an egg and was attacked by an alien. The alien attached itself to him and burrowed inside him. He was the first to die and then, spoiler alert, the rest of the crew is picked off. Everyone dies except for the main character Ripley and the cat that for some reason is in space. The cat was most defiantly my favorite character. I'm glad they got to live. 

I enjoyed this movie it was very suspenseful. The paranoia that the alien could be anywhere is what scares the audience. It could attack at any moment. Jump scares are fun, but true fear is paranoia. The kind of fear that makes you go home and leave the lights on when you go to sleep because the alien might be in your house. This movie, I feel, invoked true fear. Not the kind of fear that just makes you scream, but the kind of fear that makes you feel troubled and that's what paranoia and suspense is. I enjoyed this movie very much. I like scary movie until I get home and its dark. I didn't find it a gory and gut-wrenching as other seemed to have. I've definitely seen worse. One thing that I didn't like about this movie was the fact that Ash was a robot. It just made no sense to me and I didn't get it, but I've never seen any other Alien movie so I guess that's why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment