Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Elaine Negron - Ending of Sugar








I enjoyed watching the movie Sugar. The ending was unsatisfying to me because Miguel ended up staying in New York and joining a team of runaway baseball players. I thought and I hoped the ending was going to a cliche one, meaning Miguel would go back to Dominican Republic or go back to making it in the Big Leagues. Although the film did not meet me expectations I recommend the movie; it's enjoyable, and the boys make funny Spanish jokes. I was expecting a better ending with  Miguel being very satisfied with his decision. I feel like he did the decision he made out of jealousy towards his friend, who was doing better as a pitcher due to the rotation during innings. 

This movie could be compared to Rocky based on the theme of the American Dream. Miguel's  American Dream being the life he made for himself in New York. Miguel got himself a job, a girlfriend, and a spot on the "runaway" baseball team. It was still a good ending based on understanding how Miguel felt about everything, he was still trying to have a good life in the States. Moral of the story is to follow what you believe is good for you, because Miguel thought the best thing for him was to leave the team and start a new life. I was hoping to see more of Miguel and his girlfriend back home, While watching the film, I expected to see more of his background story on how he started to fall in love with baseball. His passion for the sport until his adulthood. 

   

3 comments:

  1. I like it good examples, connections to other films that's we've watched. Also I liked how you mentioned the American Dream because that was basically our main focus in the first few films we watched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,

    Although I agree with Anthony's positive feedback, your post as it stands is EMERGING approaching COMPETENT. It does have a nice balance of text evidence and opinion; however, it misses the minimum length requirement and contains some grammatical and mechanical errors that do interfere with comprehension. Please consider revising.

    MM

    PS It represents a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I think that's competent because it's not 250 words but even though it's not, it still gives a good analysis on the story and the American Dream.

    ReplyDelete