Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sugar


After finally watching the end of Sugar on my own I can say that I was not exactly disappointed by the ending, but it caught me off guard. I didn't think it would end like that. I think many movies or books portray the protagonist as the underdog who always comes through in the end, They become this invincible character. I thought this movie would end the same and be like any other movie I've seen. However I did rather like this ending as it wasn't cliche and it gives a more realistic sense to the movie. Don't get me wrong it was sad to see that he wasn't able to keep going and live his dream, but that just life. Sometimes you don't make sometimes no matter how hard you try or whatever things you do in order to achieve your goal, sometimes you don't make it. So I guess the point of this film was that Sugar didn't achieve the American Dream. So that kind of sucks. However not everyone can make it and sometimes you just have to know when to bail. So that's my thoughts, but you know other people were probably really mad that he join some basic team instead of achieving his goal, but I don't really care. You can't win all of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment