Thursday, October 22, 2015


Rocky- Mark Clinton

As for now, Rocky is my favorite movie that we've seen in Film studies. I feel that there was a great sense of personal connection between the protagonist and me. In life, everyone loses and or feels like an underdog. This is important because it makes the surprise ending of Rocky not winning the fight even more shocking. I believe the ending is so shocking due to the fact that the audience saw how hard he trained to prepare for this fight and the common knowledge of the underdog always winning in every movie. Use of the new steady-cam show the long treacherous process of Rocky running up the steps of Philadelphia Museum of Art. As he repeated this, the task became easier and easier. This gives you a sense of growth in Rocky's physical ability. This made me question if Rocky's goal was to win the fight. I feel like his real goal was to gain enough courage to fight Apollo in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment