Friday, October 30, 2015

Psycho / Courtney Bell


In the beginning of the movie Psycho, a 1960 thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock, Marion Crane, the protagonist, and her boyfriend Sam are talking about there future together. They are unable to get married due to Sam’s debts. This causes Marion to steal $40,000 from her job. Instead of depositing the money in the bank as her boss had asked her she steals it and leaves work early saying she has a headache. Marion leaves Arizona to go see Sam in California.
At first the movie was kind of rocky and I didn't understand it, but as I paid attention the movie started to get interesting. It took a while for it to actually get into the main point of the movie but when it did it was shocking because I didn't expect Marion to die. This movie was really a mystery because the Sheriff said that Norman mother is dead so when I heard that I was thinking that Norman mom killed someone and said it was his mom that died. That was the first thing that came to my mind. But towards the end when Marion sister went into the house and found the skeleton if Norman mom I was confused until Norman came out dressed as his mom and tried to kill her.
 The movie was more of a suspense and mystery movie. You never knew what was going to happen. I didn't know that Norman was acting as his mother and was killing everybody. It was really a shocker to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment