Thursday, December 4, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Hurricanes...I Mean Automobiles...Sorry



"You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get"

Looking for a light hearted comedy to watch with your family or best friend on a late night? This is definitely the movie to pick up. Full of comedy and moments that are sure to make you wonder whats going to happen next, this movie proves itself to be a holiday classic. When it comes to monologues such as the one given by John Candy, the delivery is so rich and believable that you truly begin to develop feelings for the characters on a deeper level. Not to mention the unpredictable plot that our protagonists must go through which leaves the audience on the edge of their seats.

Throughout the movie the characters struggle to achieve their destination of Chicago to enjoy a thanksgiving dinner with their family. This goal is of course halted by constant mistakes and unforeseen events that happen to occur to them constantly. Some of these events include, having their car burst into flames, loosing all their money in said fire, etc... Ultimately, they reach their destination and in a twist they end up enjoying a wonderful thanksgiving dinner together. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment