Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Final thoughts on Arthur Penn's Bonnie and Clyde #alethiamoore

I realized this film was very old-fashioned due to the way they met, cars, guns, etc. During the movie I was surprised about the way Bonnie and Clyde interacted with each other!

Clyde's perspective on love contrasts with Bonnie's; this  proves that they were two different people coming from two different sides of the planet. The diversity in their personalities helped me to realize the clashes and reasons they worked so hard together.

Clyde was the type of person who cares about what people think and how they portray him in the media; I feel that Bonnie was trying to fit the image of a female mastermind due to the fact that Clyde was the male mastermind, and she wanted to be his lover.

One thing I was wondering is what happens to CW after the killing of Bonnie and Clyde [Malcolm, his father, cut a deal with Texas Ranger Frank Hamer to get CW a reduced sentence]? I ask this because he was well a [took an active role] part of the robberies like Bonnie and Clyde, and I just feel like he did deserve some kind of punishment.

Overall I enjoyed the film and found it very interesting. I would love to see the modern [more recent/contemporary] version to compare the two movies soon, so keep that in mind lol !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment