Wednesday, December 3, 2014

OOOOOOO WE HEADING DOWN TO CHICAGO TONIGHT!

"oh wow i just noticed the women had guns" - Shawn Luzzi, as he does this blog post during some free time.


I have to be the one to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of musicals, especially ones that have musical scores right after one another. However, this film is definitely shifting my mind set, if by just a little bit. The premise of this film seems to be that two specific women, Roxie (left) seems especially desperate to hit the big stage, and ends up getting thrown into prison after a mishaps with a random stranger, Freddy, who promised her to help her get to the big show in turn for some LOVELY INTERCOURSE.

What caught me the moment I watched this film is that the music scores are always films seperate from the story in the film. Like, the singing and such will happen on a random stage while sometimes the shot may go back to the story for some other shots and such. Though it kinda seems out of place, and may through some off of the movie, what pulls me back in is how creative these musical numbers are, especially "We both reached for the gun", as the reporters and Roxie are visualized as puppets with Billy (middle) controlling her as the rest of the reporters. This could introduce an interesting theme of control, especially as he bends the real story of how Roxie got arrested into a fantasy to help her become famous.

Either way, this film has interested me, and I'm curious to see what the rest of this musical has in store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment